The Toronto Soccer Association is pleased to announce a new and exciting development program for the 2016-17 indoor season- “Futsal Foundations”!
What is Futsal Foundations?
Futsal Foundations is a program on the LTPD development ages from U8- U12 and encompasses:
- A series of 5 Futsal Foundation Festival weekends through the indoor season
- FREE coach education event for the Head Coach of each competing team, including futsal techniques, tactics and laws of the game
- Futsal Referee course- education and mentorship for referees new to the game of Futsal.
Futsal Foundation Festivals
The TSA will host 5 weekend events through the 2016-17 indoor season and based out of the La Liga Futsal facility in Toronto!
This facility has 3 brand new futsal courts
change rooms for competing teams,
and an upstairs viewing lounge for spectators!
The Festivals will be played in both genders at the following age levels:
Of course, U9 and U11 players can also participate as part of the open roster concept permitted at these ages!
The confirmed weekends of play are as follows:
- November 12- completed
- November 13- completed
- January 14- completed
- January 15- completed
- February 11- completed
- February 12- completed
- March 4- BOYS Schedule
- March 5- GIRLS Schedule
- April 8/9
Each team will play two (2 x 25 minute) games at each Futsal Foundation Festival, and the schedule can be set so as to accommodate teams committed in other Leagues, and teams can register to play on whatever weekends fit their schedule! Play one or Play Them All!
Futsal Foundations Registration
The cost to participate in each Futsal Foundation Festival is $150/ team (2 games), and this fee includes the opportunity to attend the Pre-Season Coach Education event free of charge!
Futsal Coaching Clinic
The TSA is pleased to offer all coaches participating in the Futsal Foundation Festivals the opportunity to learn more about the great game of Futsal before their teams set foot on the court. The FREE coaching clinic will explain the rules, tactics and nuances of the game of Futsal and will serve as a great introduction to the game. The clinic will take place at the La Liga Futsal facility as follows:
Tuesday November 8: 7.30-9.00pm
Coaches MUST register to attend. To register, simply email our League Administrator Taylor Endrody at TSALeagues@torontosoccer.net stating your team name/ age group/ gender and the number of coaches from your team that will be attending!
This form should be used to register all interested teams:
2016 Futsal Foundations Team Registration Form
The following information needs to be understood:
1. While teams can complete the form and pay the fee to the TSA, the form MUST be signed by the Club Administrator to ensure they have your approval to participate.
2. Once paid, the team registration fee is 100% non-refundable. This is to discourage last minute withdrawals which cause havoc with scheduling.
3. All coaches must have full age related certification and processed coaches books.
4. We will make an announcement about player books within 7 days.
5. Each entered team can carry a total of 20 players BUT only a maximum of 10 can participate on game day.
6. The large squad size is to encourage club participation with the smaller game day roster to promote adequate playing time.
7. Space in each Festival is limited so early registration is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
8. Additionally, registration for each festival closes 2 weeks prior (again subject to availability)
Registration is now open!
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com